We decided to treat ourselves to a ‘high end’ ‘bubbles Friday’ (and I wanted to ‘celebrity spot’), so sought out a few places around London renowned for fabulous clientèle and ambiance.
We swanned and sampled at Juju in Chelsea (Best DJ Bar 2012, Best Bar 2011, Outstanding Mixology 2010, Best New Bar 2009 at London Bar & Club Awards). Also, the gorgeous new London Buddha-Bar (the brand being internationally famous for compilations of lounge and dance ‘world music’, as well as divine restaurants in equally swanky locations such as Monte Carlo, Paris, Budapest, Dubai, Prague and Washington); and finally we stopped by a venue based on a friend’s recommendation, Sushi Samba – also located in various parts of the world, but this ‘high’-end restaurant boasts the highest rooftop bar in Europe, a delectable Japanese/Brazilian/Peruvian menu, excellent service and an all-round unbeatable experience. Class-plus, but be warned, chances are you’ll need to book – evening reservations are already difficult to obtain six months in advance.
Hot-spots from our research you may like to try:
- Buddha Bar, Knightsbridge Road (close to Knightsbridge Tube), www.buddha-bar.com / www.buddhabarlondon.com
- Juju (jujulondon.com), 316 Kings Road (exit at Sloan Square Tube and walk directly up Kings Road or jump on any of the buses heading toward the higher numbers)
- Sushi Samba (sushisamba.com), Heron Tower, 110 Bishopsgate (close to Liverpool Street Tube)
- Dukebox niteclub (dukebox.uk.com) – where the celebs rave… apparently
- Bluebird, 350 Kings Road (not too far from Juju) – where the high rollers dine
- Love Bakery, for sweets enjoyed by the local glitterati, 319 Kings Road, Chelsea
- Manicomio for coffee and celeb spotting, 86 Duke of York Square, Kings Road (close to Sloane Square Tube)